Breaking NewsDC Exclusives - BlurbDepartment of JusticeDirector of National IntelligenceDr. Martin Luther King Jr.FeaturedJeffrey EpsteinJohn F. KennedyNewsletter: NONEPam BondiRobert F. Kennedy

Trump Administration Releases JFK Assassination Files

The Trump administration released 80,000 pages of previously classified President John. F Kennedy assassination files late Tuesday.

President Trump signed an executive order in January directing Attorney General (AG) Pam Bondi and Director of National Intelligence (DNI) Tulsi Gabbard to present him with a plan on releasing the files within 15 days.

The order also directed the AG and DNI to present a plan within 45 days to release the assassination files of Sen. Robert F. Kennedy and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. (RELATED House Task Force Seeks To Declassify JFK Files, Epstein’s List, COVID Origins Docs And Other ‘Government Secrets’)

Then, Trump unexpectedly announced Monday that the files would be released the following day, unredacted. They were released Tuesday around 6 p.m., some appearing to be at least partially redacted. However, some redacted files that had previously been redacted now appear to be unsealed.

“We are announcing and giving all of the Kennedy files,” Trump said yesterday. “So people have been waiting for decades for this, and I’ve reached out to my people.”

Trump said on Monday he doesn’t believe there would be redactions in the approximately 80,000 pages of documents.

“We have a tremendous amount of paper and a lot of reading,” Trump said. “I don’t believe we are going to redact anything. I said ‘just don’t redact it, you can’t redact it.’”

The National Archives in 2017 released nearly 3,000 records concerning the JFK assassination.

The FBI discovered an additional 2,400 records related to JFK in February. The bureau said they were “previously unrecognized” as pertaining to the JFK assassination. (RELATED: Tucker Carlson Says GOP Senator Allegedly Kept Someone Out Of Job To Block Full Release Of JFK Files)

The Department of Justice (DOJ) is still in the process of releasing the Jeffrey Epstein Files.

Backlash circulated online when the first phase of files was distributed to conservative influencers through binders and reportedly contained few revelations. Bondi accused the FBI Field Office in New York of deliberately hiding thousands of pages of Epstein files in a letter to FBI Director Kash Patel on Feb. 27. She demanded the bureau deliver the “full and complete Epstein files” to her office by 8 a.m. on Feb. 28.

Bondi said she received a “truckload” of files from the FBI in New York but did not give a timeline as to when she would release those to the public.

As of publication, those Epstein files have yet to be released.

White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt told Daily Caller White House Correspondent Reagan Reese in March that DNI Gabbard and the DOJ are “working…diligently” to release the Epstein and JFK files. (RELATED: Here Are Some Of The Biggest Mysteries Trump’s FBI Should Solve)

Leavitt stated during the briefing that she also does not have a timeline for the release of the Epstein documents.



Source link

Related Posts

1 of 106