A GoFundMe account has been set up for the 17-year-old suspect accused of stabbing a fellow student to death at a track meet.
Karmelo Anthony, who reportedly told police “I did it” in reference to the crime, has received over $15k in donations from the crowdfunding platform as of the writing of this story.
The organizer of the page is attempting to dispel the “misinformation” surrounding the tragic and senseless crime, painting Anthony as a high-achievement student who was attacked by Austin Metcalf and his twin brother, who “defended himself against violent aggressors.”
Look:

“The Truth About Karmelo—Let’s Set the Record Straight!” the description of the donation page reads. “Enough with the misinformation. Let’s talk about facts. It’s NORMAL for students from different schools to gather under another school’s tent. Karmelo had friends there—he wasn’t trespassing or looking for trouble. The claim that one of the twins had never seen Karmelo before? A blatant lie. No student has the right to remove another student from a SCHOOL-OWNED tent. The school owns the tent—not the twins. Karmelo is a track athlete. The twins are NOT. He wasn’t even expecting to see them there.”
“Now, here’s what they don’t want you to know,” the statement continues. “The twins didn’t just ‘ask him to leave.’ They tried to JUMP him. Before attacking him, they tried to take his belongings, BROKE his phone, and STOMPED on it. The twins are KNOWN BULLIES.”
“So ask yourself: If two 200+ lb attackers came at YOUR child, what would you expect them to do? And yet, despite everything, the media is trying to destroy Karmelo’s name. They keep posting a picture of him with an AIRSOFT GUN—not even a real firearm—to manipulate public perception. Why? Because they want to paint him as a criminal instead of a victim,” the defense of Karmelo continues.
“Let’s talk about WHO Karmelo really is. A respectful, well-mannered young man, A 4.0 student with multiple college offers, A kid with ZERO criminal history—not even a blemish, A son raised in a loving home by parents who taught him right from wrong. A life was lost, and that is tragic. But what’s also tragic is the way the media is twisting this story to fit their own agenda,” it says.
“Karmelo defended himself against violent aggressors. That is NOT a crime. Do NOT let the media race-bait you. Do NOT let them manipulate the facts. JUSTICE WILL PREVAIL.”
As BizPac Review previously reported, the student reportedly told authorities, “I’m not alleged, I did it,” when he was taken in for the incident.
“I was protecting myself … He put his hands on me,” he suspect added.
Karmelo’s father backed his son’s account of the situation, calling the deceased teen victim the “aggressor.”
According to a police document obtained by the New York Post, Anthony reached inside a bag and threatened Metcalf, “Touch me and see what happens,” a witness told police.
Accused killer of teen football MVP, Austin Metcalf, delivers chilling words to police upon arrest: report https://t.co/9BcPMBXYNW via @BIZPACReview
— BPR based (@DumpstrFireNews) April 5, 2025
DONATE TO BIZPAC REVIEW
Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!
Success! Thank you for donating. Please share BPR content to help combat the lies.
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.