Featured

Former DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas Stripped of Secret Service Protection by Trump

President Donald Trump has once again reminded Washington that he’s not here to play games.

This time, he pulled the plug on former Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas’ taxpayer-funded Secret Service protection, sending a clear message to Biden’s border architect—and anyone else riding the gravy train long after their time in office ends, as reported by The New York Post.

May 20, 2024, New York, NY, USA; Former U.S. President Donald Trump speaks after exiting the courtroom alongside his attorney Todd Blanche during his hush money trial at Manhattan Criminal Court on May 20, 2024 in New York City. The prosecution rested their case in Trump’s hush money trial after cross examination of Michael Cohen, Trump’s former attorney, wrapped up. Attorney Robert Costello will be back on the stand when the trial resumes, and Judge Juan Merchan says to expect summations next week. Cohen’s $130,000 payment to Stormy Daniels is tied to Trump’s 34 felony counts of falsifying business records in the first of his criminal cases to go to trial.Mandatory Credit: Michael M. Santiago/Pool via USA TODAY

The U.S. Secret Service confirmed late Monday that Mayorkas, who served as the public face of the Biden administration’s disastrous open-borders policy, no longer has a protective detail.

Elon Musk Called This Financial News ‘Terrifying’

Trump made the call, cutting off the extended security that President Joe Biden had granted him for six months after he left office. Without Trump’s action, Mayorkas would have enjoyed taxpayer-funded bodyguards through July.

A Secret Service spokesperson told The New York Post:

“Per executive memorandum of the President, the protective detail for former Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas has been discontinued.”

The agency declined to offer further details:

“To ensure the integrity of our operations, we cannot comment on the specifics of our protective means and methods.”

American Made Patriotic Apparel – Save 15% with Promo Code MERICA

The move follows Trump’s recent clampdown on unnecessary Secret Service coverage for other controversial Biden-era figures. Just last week, both Hunter and Ashley Biden—Biden’s adult children—were stripped of their protection.

And earlier this month, Anthony Fauci, the polarizing former head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, also lost his agents at Trump’s direction.

Mayorkas is far from a sympathetic figure among conservatives. Under his watch, the southern border transformed into a revolving door, with millions of illegal crossings and chaos pouring into American communities.

His tenure was marked by record-setting border encounters and zero accountability. So, it’s no surprise that Trump had no interest in keeping him under federal guard.

The decision came down Friday, according to The Washington Post, and it didn’t take long for Trump to spotlight it. On Monday, he shared a Truth Social post featuring the headline about pulling Mayorkas’ protection—no commentary needed. The headline said it all.

This isn’t just a cost-cutting move—it’s about principle. Trump is once again proving that government privileges shouldn’t be handed out like participation trophies.

If you spent your time in office undermining American sovereignty, don’t expect to be coddled when you leave. No more free rides.

The Biden White House didn’t offer a comment on the situation—not that anyone was holding their breath.

Source link

Related Posts

1 of 94