Top Stories     Top Stories 3    News/CommentaryFeatured

Teacher denies molesting 15-yr-old boy, says she was set up because of her ‘good looks’

A married special education teacher charged with molesting a 15-year-old boy claims she was set up because she’s “good-looking.”

Christina Formella, 30, was the boy’s tutor at Downers Grove South High School in the Chicago suburbs. She was also a soccer coach and had recently married her college sweetheart in 2024, the New York Post reported.

The boy’s mother found disturbing texts allegedly discussing sexual contact between Formella and her son after buying him a new phone.

“The allegations against Ms. Formella are extremely disturbing,” DuPage County Attorney Robert Berlin said in a statement.

“It is alleged that she used her position of trust and authority as a tutor and a coach to sexually assault a minor student. The type of abuse and behavior alleged in this case will not be tolerated.”

Formella is not only denying the allegations but is claiming she had been targeted by the student in an alleged blackmail attempt.

“She claimed that one day, [the boy] had grabbed her phone unattended, had entered her passcode … had sent the message to his phone, had then deleted the message from her phone, and had saved it to his phone as blackmail,” court documents viewed by the Daily Mail alleged.

The married teacher allegedly claimed that she had become a target because of her good looks and kind heart.

“[Formella said] everybody comes after her because she is good-looking and she is just a good person who cared too much about [the boy],” the court documents say.

Investigators, however, claim to have found additional evidence backing the accusation of sexual contact between the pair, the Post reported.

Formella was 28 at the time of the alleged assault/relationship and was charged with one count of criminal sexual assault and two counts of aggravated criminal sexual assault.

“We are devastated, and our community is reeling,” school principal Arwen Lyp wrote in a message to parents Monday.

“An adult has been charged with the most serious of violations, and trust has been broken. Our team is here to support students who are impacted by this terrible news.”

Formella was put on administrative leave and released on the condition that she have no contact with anyone under 18 years old. She’s due in court on April 14.

DONATE TO BIZPAC REVIEW

Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!

Success! Thank you for donating. Please share BPR content to help combat the lies.

Nicole Haas
Latest posts by Nicole Haas (see all)

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.



Source link

Related Posts

1 of 97